Saturday, January 26, 2008

"The Finger" - An Update.

Now, Clatsop County Commissioner Sam Patrick freely admits he displayed the hand jesture of displaying a raised middle finger in session at a recent meeting but, he qualified it as a clarification of a representation of what another fellow commissioner or was it county manager had portrayed on a piece of paper representing Commission's sentiment towards the constituents.

Anybody know what the real story behind this is?

Update From Patricks Explanation: "The second event occurred when we had broken into smaller groups, discussed several topics and were asked to report on what we'd come up with. One of the groups had drawn a picture describing how the commission felt about the community. I asked "if it looked like this," extended my arm, curled my fingers and extended my middle finger. Yes, this comment and the previous statement are inexcusable and I shall maintain my composure in the future and refrain from such boorish behavior."

No comments: