Monday, August 15, 2011

An Afternoon With Reba And Phil

An Afternoon With Reba And Phil
By: K.C. McGee

August 14, 2011 6:00 PM

It was a perfect Sunday afternoon for an outdoor concert. The sun was shining and the wind calm. Surprisingly, so was the concert. No rowdy, obnoxious fans, no dancing at the stage ( it wasn’t allowed ). Fans sitting in assigned seats politely stayed put and sang along . Though the seating area was in no way sold out, we were packed in like sardines. General ticket holders sprawled on the grass, danced or mingled… quietly. It was definitely different from any other outdoor concert I’ve ever been to. Especially considering it was first Phil Vassar & then Reba that took center stage.
I almost missed Phil Vassar. If it hadn’t been for last minute media coverage, I wouldn’t have known he was starting at 2pm, not 3pm. He was great & the 5,000 or so fans seemed to know all of his songs as they sang along. I was slightly disappointed that he only performed for 1hr. But then came Rebba. I have to admit that I’m not a huge fan of hers however, I have admired her talent for 30+ yrs. A true professional, she is gracious, superbly talented & it is obvious that she appreciates her fans.
All in all, I had a great time & I’m glad I got the chance to go. Though honestly, I think the $50.00 ticket holders got the best bang for their buck.

No comments: