Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lee Releases Statement To Answer Recall Charges.

"I've spent my life in Clatsop County as a dairy farmer, small businessman and community volunteer.

I believe in public service, which is why I ran for the Clatsop County Commission and have been proud to serve the community I love as commissioner.

The people of District 3 elected me to make decisions on their behalf and I have done my best to do what I believe is right for Clatsop County, its economy, its future and the families that call it home.

One of the risks of public service is that you won't please everyone, but I stand by my record, which I believe represents the majority view of county residents.I'm now the target of a recall by a small but vocal minority.

They're certainly entitled to their opinion, but I will stand by my convictions and will fight to retain my seat on the commission.

If you don't agree with me, then you'll certainly have your opportunity to replace me at the ballot box when my term of office expires in 2010. But until then, I will continue fighting to make Clatsop County a place where people want to do business and create jobs for working people."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'll see how small a minority when he gets his a** voted out.