Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Clatsop Commissioner Hazen Breaks No Law By Contributing To Anti-4-123 Element

On the queries regarding Hazen's contributions to "Citizens for Clatsop County Charter Integrity"
Oregon's Election Division states:


There is nothing in Oregon election law that prohibits a seated county commissioner, or any other elected official, from contributing to any political committee.

The only requirement is that any contributor's name, address, occupation and employer's name and address shall be disclosed when the aggregate amount of money is over $100 for a calendar year.

The committee receiving the contribution must make this disclosure.

In this case, both contributions that were cited, the $250 in cash and the $1152 in-kind, were reported by the committee "Citizens for Clatsop County Charter Integrity" on the Elections Division web-based Orestar reporting system.

The committee has met its requirement and JeffHazen has not violated any Oregon election law.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet he is relieved now....er....

Also like the Poll....85% think Lee will be recalled?

Patrick McGee said...

Think Hazen was ever worried?

The amswer should satisfy those who asked the questions.

85% say yes.

What do you think?

Anonymous said...

I don't think he was....

Will have my odds up shortly like in all local elections....I got 4-123 wrong..(Had it passing 51-49%)so I need to think about this one a bit to get back on track....

Back in December I predicted Lee would be on the Recall ballot, but said it would fail 55-45%.....Prob would guess a little different today....

Patrick McGee said...

You still have roots in District 3 and setting our differences aside, you have to be hearing the same scuttlebutt as I am coming out of there and it is not pretty for the Anti-recall forces.

Seems there's a whole silent coalition of forces out there that are determined to make this issue stick at the polls but, it's coming from me so weigh it as you will.

Jeff said...

Tryan is correct, I was never worried about violating any election laws by my donations. The reason that I donated the original amount was to be open and transparent. It is debatable whether I had to declare the election night gathering as an in-kind donation, but again to be open and transparent, I chose to disclose it.

Patrick McGee said...

And you did the right thing on this one Jeff, thank you.