Sunday, January 30, 2011

Rhythm & Keys Music Studio: Truly A Gift To Astoria To Add To The Honors Of Its 200th Year


I had the privilege of attending Rhythm & Keys Music Studio's first recital of its first crop of students this past Saturday, January 29th. The studio is at the corner of 10th and Commercial in downtown Astoria.


Now, I must admit I may be a bit prejudiced, as I have an interest here, as someone very special to me is a student there and her progress in just 4 short months, as that is how long this very important opportunity has been open, impressed me greatly and made me very proud of her hard work. There were also five fellow students of varying ages showcasing their hard worked for talents as well.


I congratulate studio owner and instructor Amy Switzer and fellow owner/business mamanger, Van Hansen for having the courage and true desire to bring this great resource for bettering ourselves to Astoria.


Have you ever had the desire to play the piano or learn percussion? This facility and its learning program is open to all ages, as attested to by one of its older students who happens to be 63 years old.


You can contact Amy at, amy@rhythmandkeysmusicstudio.com or call her at 503-505-2819

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Courage"?

Patrick McGee said...

Yes, "Courage", "Guts", "Intestinal Fortitude".

Anonymous said...

It takes "courage" to offer music lessons? Perhaps you don't know the meaning of "courage" or "hyperbole"