Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Clatsop County Commissioner Samuelson Clarifies Her Position On Jewell Recall Petition

From: North Coast Oregon

Tryan,

So here’s proof that recall petitions do not have to state what is true and still be done in the state of Oregon.

Agencies such as Government Standards and Practices and others can be used for the sole purpose of harassing elected officials that make a decision somebody doesn’t like. You could literally put on a recall petition that you didn’t like my hair color and circulate it.

The truth becomes irrelevant and meaningless. I was not at this meeting due to a family member being in an emergency room in a Portland hospital and I had to be there.

Even though I wasn’t present I am presumed guilty by this group, and the local newspaper. According to OSBA no laws were broken at the meeting.

I received the letter from the five past board members by certified mail, threatening me with a lawsuit and recall effort if we did not meet their demand to have a meeting by Feb. 15th and recind the motion.

Again, just another bullying tactic, I’m pretty much used to it at this point since the money laundering accusation, made front page.

Mr. Taylor refused my certified letter demanding a retraction. I wish we could get half this much enthusiasm for a girls state playoff game in Jewell.

No comments: